Tuesday, July 17, 2007

First Solo

We'll I'm just about to embark on my first solo trip without Air Boss. I'm going to Costco to stock up the refrigerator (my voice echoes in it - but not that I usually speak to an empty fridge). My newest friend here in LA is Garmin. As in the Garmin Nuvi 660 (GPS system) that helps me find my way around the 'hood. I think I would be halfway back across the U.S. if left to my own innate (very bad) sense of direction.

Anyway, the most "at home" I've felt in this first half week here in RB was when I walked into a local Home Depot. There was something comforting and familiar about those orange aprons and the smell of lumber. Ahh . . . . home sweet home (depot).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are a riot, you are cracking me up!
How does the fridge sound now?
Way to go lady, the first solo is a big deal.
And don't mess with your new friend, you might get in trouble.
Our daughter made a coloring for Nicole but it looked so - er - let's say it was not worth sending. :)
You are missed.

Unknown said...

there's nothing better to make you feel at home than those familiar giant warehouse stores :)
costco & home depot are our 2nd homes! ;P