Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Lolli!

Today my little girl turned four years old! Contrary to how many parents of a preschooler feel, I can't believe she is JUST turning four. Academically she's already doing some first grade work. She can reason and draw her own conclusions like a third grader. She likes to gab like a preteen. She loves heeled shoes, purses, and bling like a high school girl. Where has the "little girl years" gone?

In honor of her blog name, I made Jello lollipops for her to share with her preschool friends and decorated (with Air Boss' help) over 50 sugar cookies. Some of these cookies were made into cookie lollipops for her friends in her Bible study group.

Just the other day, I had told the kids their blog names. Lolli laughed when I told her name was Lolli.

"Do you know what Lolli is?" I had asked.

"No. What does it mean?" she asked, laughing just because it sounded funny.

"Lolli is short for 'lollipop.'"

While 'Shroom was cracking up over that, I told him his blog name.

"Your name is 'Shroom."

He must have been laughing so hard while I said his name that he didn't hear me.

"Shrimp?! Why am I called Shrimp?!" he exclaimed.

Now it was Lolli's turn to laugh.

"No - it's " 'Shroom,' " I tried to correct. Alas, the correction attempt was in vain. The kids were having too much fun giggling at their names and 'Shroom's name had morphed into Shrimp.

As I told Lolli that the birthday lollipops (both Jello and cookie) were in honor of her name, I realized that I have only a few months to figure something out . . .

. . . how to turn mushrooms into birthday treats.

(let me know if you have any suggestions!

2 comments:

hopeng said...

http://www.instructables.com/id/1UP-Cakes/ - for mushroom cupcakes modeled after the Mario game!

The cookies/lollipops look great!

Stacey Jolley Webb said...

I can just hear Lolli and Shroom laughing about "Shrimp"....and my face is lit up with a smile. By the way the lolli snacks were so tasty and cute!