Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A Missed Opportunity


Over a week ago, I decided to get my hair cut. I'm the type of person who gets my hair cut about once a year and each time I get it cut, it's about a year's growth. For an average person, that would be about six inches. My hair is not average. It's an outta control weed. I think I grow about 8 inches in a year.
Well, I'm sportin' a new look. A new look that is ten inches shorter! I'm bummed because I didn't know how much was going to be cut off. I'm not upset at the stylist (I think she did a great job) but I'm upset that because I had always kept my long hair up in a twist, I didn't even know how long my hair was until it was chopped off and on the floor of the salon.
The first snip was a shock as I watched the long lock of hair slide down the black cape onto the floor. "How long was that?" I had asked the stylist. Exactly ten inches. Too late. My hair was not dry (it was freshly washed for the cut) and it was not bunched in a ponytail - two requirements (besides the minimum ten inches) to donate to Locks of Love. Bummer. What a wasted opportunity.

Well, I have another year-and-a-half to grow it out another ten inches. In the meantime, I'm enjoying feeling about two pound lighter!

1 comment:

BettyH said...

I donated my hair to Locks of Love last year after I had Michaela. It had been a little over a year since my previous cut, and I was still able to keep slightly less than shoulder length hair after the cut. Don't worry, they'll be more than happy to get your hair whenever you're ready to send it next time.