Friday, December 12, 2008

What was I thinking?!


Three's Company
Originally uploaded by radioflyer007
How hard can it be to crochet a few cute animal friends for some moms in my MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) group? Since "small" was a key operative word in these creatures, I figured I could bang out an animal during one half-hour sitcom.

Haha. Joke's on me.

So, six hours later (not all consecutive hours), I have the head of one medium-sized octopus, eight arms (all detatched) and the head of a smaller-sized octopus (the medium-sized took too long).

Now 'Shroom and Lolli play with the octopus heads and call them "little peanuts." The medium-sized head has been nicknamed "pink peanut" and I've found myself referring it to by that name as I'm yelling out to the kids, "Where did you hid the pink peanut? Give it back to me!"

Well, I'm still going to have a go at it. I'm going to see if I can finish seven octopuses (or is it "octopi"?) with a total of 56 arms by this Thursday's meeting.

Maybe if I make them with only seven arms, no one will really notice. So that's only 49 arms. Sounds a little bit better.

BTW, why octopus for moms? Because we've all wished we had more arms.

4 comments:

hopeng said...

spiders have 6 legs - can you make them into spiders?! :-)

West By East: said...

I think spiders have 8 legs - that's why they're not insects (which have 6 legs). I think the octopus would be easier than a spider since spiders have joints in their legs. Hmmm...I'll have to think about the insects though.

hopeng said...

sorry - I meant ants... they have 6 legs. Use pipe cleaners for legs?

Unknown said...

i like the peanuts! :)