Saturday, December 13, 2008

Like kids in a candy shop


Marking my own house
Originally uploaded by radioflyer007
This weekend, the kids and us adults participated in a fun gingerbread house decorating contest. 'Shroom and Lolli worked on their own house, Air Boss was assigned to a team of two people and I was assigned to a team of three.

The kids had a ton of fun smearing gobs of icing (pink, of course, for Lolli and red for 'Shroom). Even if you didn't know what Lolli's and 'Shroom's favorite colors were, you would be able to tell which half of the house Lolli decorated and which half 'Shroom--well, er--expressed creativity.

Since my decorating team was located out of eyesight of the kids, I kept glancing over to see how the kids were doing. Luckily Air Boss and his decorating partner were right next to the kids. Every third time I saw them, they had a different piece of someting in their hand or mouth.

I had to put a stop to the sugar intake. I didn't blame them for wanting to taste the sweets but there were TONS of candy and other "construction materials" too readily available to the kids.

It was after 9 PM and 'Shroom was just about to take a bite out of a cookie.

"'Shroom, no more sweets. That's enough for today," I told him.

There were plenty of people around and definitely within earshot. That's why a whole lot of people laughed when 'Shroom responded.

"Don't worry, Mommy. I'm not going to eat it. I'm just going to hold it with my teeth," he deadpanned.

I had to laugh, too. Must be the result of all the licorice I ate.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hehe..'Shroom is quite the clever one! ;P