Saturday, May 26, 2007

Cleaning out the office

I'm taking advantage of the long weekend and trying to make a dent in the packing. Today's "room of the day" is the office. Some items that I have discovered as I'm sorting through five years of accumulated junk:

* old and outdated postage stamps (hmm...how many possible combinations make up $.41?)
* many items to put in the kids' "time capsule" box (pictures, drawings, sticker collages...)
* oh, so that's what happened to the newly issued bank debit cards (guess we didn't need to reorder new ones)
* NOW I can finally listen to my iPod with the earbuds!
* enough Bed Bath & Beyond 20% off coupons to replace all the furniture we're liquidating
* spools of navy blue satin ribbon left-over from our wedding favors
* my journal (with the last entry sometime in 2006)
* Cisco paraphenilia (ahh....the good ol' days of working during the hi-tech bubble)

You should see my trying to type this up. I'm standing (the chair is piled with boxes of ... (?!) and my arms are tired from being held up as I type. The desk is littered with stacks of random paperwork.

Gotta get back to the mess.

No comments: