Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Today's Running Partner

I was honored (and surprised) to have a willing running partner for this morning's run.  My 9 year old Lolli told me the night before that she wanted to come with me.  I felt badly for waking her up almost an hour earlier than her normal time but she woke up fine with tons of energy (no fair).

I just had to post this "post-running" photo.  She's still smiling so it couldn't have been all that bad, huh?

I'm thinking of yanking 'Shroom out of bed early this Saturday morning for my (slightly) longer run.  I think this kid is a natural distance runner as he has shown me on numerous occasions to have enough stamina to run long distances cold (complaining the whole time but running nevertheless) and speed to dust me all the while chasing birds and stomping on unfortunate bugs on his path.  I better warn the birds and the bugs....

2 comments:

WendyO said...

Very impressive...

East By West said...

'Shroom did really well on a slightly longer run with me. He didn't complain at all - even when I had mistakenly timed our run and had to tack on an extra 10 minutes! Kids are stronger than we (I) think!