Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A new year . . . a new living room

There was nothing wrong with our "old" living room other than the fact that the walls were bare and stark white. However, Air Boss felt that there was more that we could do to our living room to make it warmer and more inviting (true) and that a fireplace would solve that problem (okay, true again).

I'll have to admit that I'm the cheapskate in our family and a fireplace--fake as it was--wasn't that high on my priority list of things on which to spend money. But then again, other than food, clothing, utilities and other necessities, there aren't too many items that make it on my priority list for spending--but I digress . . . Now that I see the "before" picture with the bare walls, which is further accented by the kids' colorful artwork,

Color Palette
I can't help but enjoy the warmth and the new ambiance the fireplace creates in our living room. When my East Coast mom saw this photo, her response was that it looked like a New England setting. Well, that cemented it for me. It was a worthwhile upgrade to make our living room feel a bit more like . . . well, home.

Fireplace project

2 comments:

lauriewalle said...

This is beautiful! How did you do it? And, bravo for the photographer! Wish I was there with you to enjoy it!

West By East: said...

Thanks Laurie! Yes, Air Boss does take great photos! Hope you're doing okay with all the snow out there. Stay safe! Come out for a visit when you can...maybe after the snow thaws.