Sunday, November 2, 2008

First Day of Freeeeedom!

Wow - it felt so great to wake up this morning without having to rush through my morning shower just so I could cram in some problem sets before the kids got out of bed.

I survived the second CSET Math exam even though I felt it was a hard test. I walked out feeling totally relieved it was over but not with the sense that it was a slam-dunk "pass" (or even a simple plain old pass). I felt intimidated by all the test-takers in my testing room. The test administrators had made sure all of us who were taking the geometry & statistics exam were in the same room since specific graphing calculators were permitted. I wondered if my one calculator was enough for the exam when I saw a gentleman walk in with two.

As the proctor walked around thumb-printing us, collecting testing tickets, and clearing the memory of our calculators, there were some folks busy cramming extra formulas and studying whatever notes they had. I started panicking that I didn't have any of my study aids with me . . . and then freaked out because I couldn't remember the formula for the surface area of a right prism with a regular hexagonal base!

Anyway - no need to re-live this horror. I'm done. I came home. I watched TV. I slept in this morning - even with the extra hour with the end of Daylight Savings Time.

Ahhh . . . the freedom from studying math is so sweet! I can now feel like I have my life back . . . at least until the next exam!

Eh, why ruin the moment . . .

1 comment:

lauriewalle said...

And 24 is about to return! Woohoo!