Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Back from Boston


Losing 5 inches
Originally uploaded by radioflyer007
We've just returned from a great 2+ weeks in Boston. Actually, it's only me and the kids who have returned. Air Boss is still in Beantown for an extra work week.

Wow - where do I begin? It was a busy two weeks with over 2,000 miles logged on a rental car and my dad's car. Okay, so more than half of those miles are from a road trip to Toronto (to celebrate my grandmother's 97th birthday) but still, that's still a lot of driving in the small state of Massachusetts.

I got to see lots of old and dear friends, visit my old home church, spend lots of fun time with family, celebrate several birthdays, cut off 5 inches of Lolli's hair, stay up late each night watching the Olympics, and cry at the end as I said goodbye to my family. It felt like we were moving to LA all over again.

Although it's tough to come back without Air Boss (to a place that's not quite home), it's good to see the kids get back onto some sort of a schedule. They went to bed on East Coast time but woke up on West Coast time. I guess they needed the extra hours.

Well - time to get lunch for 'Shroom and Lolli (or is it dinner?).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh man, it is hard to be away from family, no? :( hope the kids are adjusting to life in LA well. it was good to see you guys (for those 20 minutes). I wish we could have had the chance to actually sit down and talk.