Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Happy New Year



Happy New Year! It's been a long while since I've been able to blog (or rather, a long time I've been sitting on my bottom and trying to get motivated to write). I'm back from FL and Air Boss did an outstanding job taking care of 'Shroom and Lolli. For the ride back from the airport after picking me up, the kids were chanting, "Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" Once we got home, it was back to the routine of wanting Daddy to play with them. Daddy to give them a shower. Daddy to tuck them in bed. Yeah, it's tough to be the one to quit the career, do laundry, cook, clean, and serve these little people without any appreciation. Anyway, I had my time away from the kids and as much as I love my little ones, the time was great. I NEEDED to miss my kids.

Last week was a busy week where 'Shroom was Star of the Week in his kinder class. I had to quickly upload photos to Costco to print out so he would have photos to share with his class (our photo albums are still packed away somewhere). Air Boss, Lolli and I made a trip to 'Shroom's class at the end of the week and we got to share a bit about our family life as well as wish everyone a happy new year. The kids all got red envelopes but I'm so cheap, I didn't put money in them. They all got some "lucky candy" and a pair of chopsticks with a chopstick helper. The kids loved the plastic contraption that held the sticks together for easy use.

Haha - in my "spare" time, I took the CBEST exam (Californai Basic Examination Skills Test, or something like that). I had been studying for the past month or so and my fear was that I would fall asleep during the 4 hour exam. Falling asleep on two different practice exams was what cemented that fear in me. Anyway, I took the exam and I'm happy to report that I stayed awake for the entire time. Not sure about passing it though . . .

Well, we're looking forward to our first visit back to Boston. It will likely be the end of July or sometime in the beginning of August. This will be the longest I've been away from home. Although I miss home, I do feel guilty at times for enjoying the winter out here in LA. It's been a warm and sunny 76-78 degrees as of late. Air Boss had always said that extreme weather developes character. What does Southern California weather develop? . . .

Missing all you New Englanders. Hang in there. Spring will be here soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We look forward to having you guys back too! Bring an empty suitcase for all the shopping we're going to do! :-)