Sunday, October 21, 2007

Baseball Widow

Well, the "love 'em or hate 'em" Red Sox are the newly crowned 2007 American League champs and will be hosting the World Series later this week.
Yipee skippy.

I don't know if I'm happy or sad. Sounds weird coming from a tried and true Bostonian but truth be told, I'm sick of the post-season games. I'm sick of having to eat dinner to the blare of the TV. I'm sick of knowing that whenever there is a Sox game on, I (and the kids) may as well be nonexistent to Air Boss. So maybe I'm not one of those crazy people called Red Sox fans. Don't get me wrong - I will be cheering for the Sox during the World Series and I'll even get excited about it but does life really need to be put on hold for these overpaid (and even over-glorified) athletes?

Well, I guess I'll be a supportive wife (widow that I am these days).

Go Sox. Yay.

1 comment:

BettyH said...

Are you affected by the wildfires at all? Stay safe.