Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Bye-bye Green House!


Our Condo for Sale
Originally uploaded by radioflyer007
Well, this is our much beloved Green House (without the trash lined up on the sidewalk!) to which we've said our good-byes. The movers came yesterday and loaded up 128 items (furniture and boxes) totaling over 3,700 pounds.

Air Boss and I walked hand-in-hand with 'Shroom and Lolli and we said good-bye to every room in our house. The kids didn't seem overly sad but they knew that they would no longer be living here. Air Boss and I had our separate moments of nostalgia as we were frantically cleaning the house after the movers.

As Air Boss took bag after bag of trash to the curbside, he felt sadness wash over him. As I was vacuuming the playroom, I thought back to all the memories I had sitting on the couch in what was then 'Shroom's nursery. I spent hours and hours molding the couch cushions to the shape of my butt as I nursed and nursed (and nursed) 'Shroom. I remembered the little grocery store we had set up complete with stocked shelves of "food" (empty containers and cereal boxes) when the room was used as a playroom.

Ahh . . . definitely fond memories. Truth be told, even though it was sad to leave the kids' first (and only) house, I've been so busy that it really hasn't sunk in.

Now that we have two weeks living with my parents and nothing to pack or clean, I'll have a lot more time to think about what's behind us and what's to come.

No comments: