Thursday, March 29, 2007

Quotes from the Car

Lolli: I love Jesus.
Me: That's good. How about you 'Shroom? Do you love Jesus?
'Shroom: Yeah. I love Jesus. I like dinosaurs, too.
[pause]
'Shroom: I like Jesus and dinosaurs.
[pause]
'Shroom: I like dinosaurs more.

Lolli: Mommy, Poh-Poh [Grandma] doesn't have a basement, does she?
Me: No, she doesn't have a basement. Why do you ask?
[pause]
Lolli: Then how does she wash her clothes?
[silence - I am so surprised by her reasoning, I don't come up with an immediate response]
Lolli: She doesn't wash her clothes then.

Lolli: I like Mini-Coopers and Volkswagon Beetles. They're small and cute.
Me: You mean just like your red Mini-Cooper and your yellow Volkswagon Beetle?
Lolli: Those are just toys. I want real ones. So I can park them in my parking space.
Me: Oh.
'Shroom [muttering to himself]: I like toy cars. Toy cars are fun.

No comments: