Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The Nativity Scene

Even though we won't be setting up a Christmas tree this year (I've jokingly told people that our tiny apartment is so small that if we got a Christmas tree, one of us would have to move out), I've tried to bring some holiday cheer into our dark small abode.

Air Boss had pulled out the red and green Rubbermaid tote that contained the Christmas holiday stuff that survived "The Purge" in Boston. Out came the kids' velvet Christmas stockings, vinyl cling snowflakes which now adorn our living room window, strands of lights, and our Fisher Price nativity set (see photo).

'Shroom and Lolli were excited to see "the cute baby Jesus" again and in no time, the nicely set up scene (per the picture on the FP website and my anal retentiveness) was reconfigured. Several times. In one day.

I've found one of the wise men in the dirty laundry basket. Mary and Joseph have been ousted from the stable and replaced with the cow and the donkey. The sheep and camel have been "purchased" by Lolli and are now random items in her shopping bag.

I forgot to mention . . . there is a mean T-Rex staring at the baby Jesus. I wonder what his part is in all of this . . . ?

4 comments:

hopeng said...

Hee hee! Glad to hear that the nativity scene did not get left on the curb side in Watertown! Every night, I am on my hands and knees, looking for at least 1 missing wise man! Juicy boy is still trying to figur out why the came won't stay on the top, like the angel.

hopeng said...

oops, I meant CAMEL, not came (many typos with my chapped, cut hands!)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

We just set up our Christmas tree and are waiting to share it (and the holidays) with you. Can't wait to see you guys soon! Don't have a nativity scene though... sorry. Free feel to bring yours along with your bad T-Rex!