Tuesday, January 9, 2007

What Were You Doing . . .

at 4:30 in the morning today? I was busy giving a stuffed duck a bath. Yep - at 4:30 in the morning when most normal people are snoring away in their warm beds.\

Lolli has been sick these past several days. Her runny drippy nose, hacking coughs, and ocassional fevers are punctuated with intermittent nosebleeds. The first nosebleed was the result of a two-year old's finger digging deep for the gold. The others have been the result of coughing or sneezing too hard. With all the saturated red on the bedsheets and crumpled up tissues in the trashcan, one would think we were filming an episode of "C.S.I." in our home.

Last night, Lolli woke up crying and asking for a hanky (to wipe her drippy nose). I could hear the congestion in her nose and asked if she wanted me to get the blue "ball sucker" to rid the wet contents in her nose. As usual, she refused with a cry. After mashing the once-clean hanky on her nose and smearing mucous all over, I finally saw in the very dim light of the early early morning - it was blood. Oh dear. Kiss that warm bed of mine good-bye.

Her little best friend, the yellow duck, look like it was also a C.S.I. victim. (Do I dare suggest "fowl play"?!) Air boss had to whip out the digital cam and capture the moment. One day when I figure out how to post photos, you'll be seeing the bloody duck.




bloody duckling, originally uploaded by radioflyer007.

Click on the picture to see another picture of the bloody duckling...

No comments: